This weekend is Mother's Day, a day set aside to commemorate mothers. It is the day that sells more greeting cards than any other day of the year, the day when flower shops are running around in circles to deliver the beautiful tributes to mothers. It is good to recognize mothers, in fact, the Bible instructs us to "honor … mothers". They are true heroes every day.
Dr. Mom has healed physical problems like the "ouchies and boo-boos" of childhood, and the teenage love sickness as well. She seemed to always on duty 24/7. Mothers are God's gift to us. By the same token children are a blessing to Moms, "children are a gift from God". It is a two-way street Mom's love children, children love Moms. Also don't forget the other gifts God has given children, like grandparents who have open arms, and listening ears, who bake cookies and seem to have time for you when others are busy. There are also Moms of the heart who are not your Moms by birth but who play an important part in our lives. The love of God is the only thing in this world that is eternal, the love of Mom's is the only thing that lasts in this world. So tell Mom you love her those 3 little words will last a lifetime.
Things our mother's taught us
My mother taught me about RELIGION.
"You better pray that will come out of the carpet."
- My mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don’t straighten up, I’m going to knock you into the middle of next week!"
- My mother taught me LOGIC.
"Because I said so, that’s why."
- My mother taught me FORESIGHT.
"Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident."
- My mother taught me IRONY.
"Keep crying, and I’ll give you something to cry about."
- My mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS.
"Shut your mouth and eat your supper."
- My mother taught me about STAMINA.
"You’ll sit there until all that spinach is gone."
- My mother taught me about WEATHER.
"This room of yours looks as if a tornado went through it."
- My mother taught me the CIRCLE OF LIFE.
"I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."
- My mother taught me about BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION.
"Stop acting like your father!"
- My mother taught me about ENVY.
"There are millions of less fortunate children in this world who don’t have wonderful parents like you do."
- My mother taught me about ANTICIPATION.
"Just wait until we get home"
Things Our Mothers Taught Us
My mother taught me about RECEIVING.
"You are going to get it when you get home!"
- My mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE.
"If you don’t stop crossing your eyes, the wind will change and you will stay like that."
- My mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT.
"If you don’t eat your vegetables, you’ll never grow up."
- My mother taught me GENETICS.
"You act just like your father."
- My mother taught me about my ROOTS.
"Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a barn?"
- My mother taught me WISDOM.
"When you get to be my age, you’ll understand."
- My mother taught me about JUSTICE.
"One day you’ll have kids, and I hope they turn out just like you!"